Here are the steps to install into Visual Studio 2008:
- Download ASP.NET MVC 1.0 from Microsoft’s website. Make sure to download the MSI file and the source code if you would like to see how it works.
- Install the AspNetMVC1.msi file.
- Open Visual Studio 2008 and go to:
- File -> New -> Project
- Under Project Types, select Web under either Visual Basic or C#
- Under Templates, select ASP.NET MVC Web Application
- Give your application a name and change its location if you wish
That’s it! Upon creating a new web application, the default MVC application will open.
ASP.NET MVC should also work using the free development tool from Microsoft, Visual Web Designer 2008.